Dabangg Sonakshi made her dad cry

Dabangg Sonakshi made her dad cry

One conversation with Sonakshi Sinha and you know that she is different from the starry eyed newbies who make an entry in Bollywood month after month.

Casual about the presence of a mighty co-star like Salman and describing her relation with him as a friend rather than a fan, Sonakshi shares her happiness around the positive start that her career has taken with her debut film already 'Dabangg' carrying great vibes.

"It was my dad who was the most emotional of all. When he saw me in the film, he just didn't say anything. He had tears in his eyes. He is very proud of me today", says Sonakshi when questioned about the emotional reactions that her family had once her portions from the film were aired as a part of the promos.

Daughter of Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha, Sonakshi isn't new to the tinsel world. Still, for her very first film, she did have her mother for support right through the shooting.

"Yes, my mom was there with me throughout the filming and hence was seeing my progress as an actor on a day to day basis", admits Sonakshi, "It was comforting to have a great support from her throughout."

How does she personally feel about her conduct as an actor? Given the fact that not many debutant girls get a performance oriented role and that too when the lead hero is as big as Salman Khan, she must have been kicked about the final results too, isn't it?

"The reactions have of course been great so far but then I am not going to take it to my head", says Sonakshi in a level headed tone, " People are expecting a lot from me and it is a scary thing because I have no formal training on acting. I have just gone ahead and given my best shot.

I told Abhinav (the director) that he had to tell me exactly what he wanted from me. I am very good at following orders and thankfully he too came with a clear vision. It is due to Anubhav that I have managed to sail through the film."
Read More